Big Leaf Ruby Red Serving Board
Custom. One of a Kind serving board.
This incredible board will make a stunning addition to your next gathering and will brighten your kitchen every day. Crafted with live edge Big Leaf Maple. The shape of this piece of wood is remarkable and carefully cut to showcase the unique features in the grain. One side is finished with a bed of rich red epoxy poured to create the swirled pattern on display. The other side is finished with a translucent silvery, sparkly white to compliment all the amazing features of this board.
You can see the live edge of the wood through the epoxy. The process of adding epoxy to create the desired effect is rather finicky, adding a higher level of difficulty to the process.
Wood used: Live edge Big Leaf Maple. Grows in the Pacific Northwest and boasts the biggest leaves of all the Maples. Color ranges from white to off-white cream with reddish or golden hue. Straight grain. Fine, even texture.
- Handcrafted and food safe.
- Made of high-grade Big Leaf maple and FDA Food Grade Compliant Epoxy.
- Distinctive woods. But we NEVER use endangered species.
- Process: Wood is precision cut to size and placed in custom mold. Epoxy is mixed to different colors and translucence, then poured. During the first 6 hours, remove micro air bubbles that develop. After 24 hours, board is removed from mold and sits for 4 additional days to fully cure. Rushing this step and not allowing epoxy to fully cure results in a damaged, unusable board. Last steps include trimming to size and the important process of multiple sanding and polishings to make it safe to use with food and to create a unique one-of-a-kind addition to your home.
- The entire process took 7 days to complete.
- 14.5” x 9.5 x .5/8”.
- For serving only. Knives or sharp utensils should not be used on this board.
- NOT dishwasher safe.
Only 1 left in stock