Big Leaf Cool Waters Serving Board
Custom. One of a Kind serving board.
This stunning board will be the centerpiece of your next gathering or brighten your kitchen every day. Crafted with live edge Big Leaf Maple with an interesting shape down the center and shades of blue and aqua, super clear, food safe epoxy. You can see the live edge of the wood through the epoxy. The process of adding epoxy to create the desired effect is rather finicky, adding a higher level of difficulty to the process.
Wood used: Live edge Big Leaf Maple. Grows in the Pacific Northwest and boasts the biggest leaves of all the Maples. Color ranges from white to off-white cream with reddish or golden hue. Straight grain. Fine, even texture.
- Handcrafted and food safe.
- Made of high-grade Big Leaf maple and FDA Food Grade Compliant Epoxy.
- Distinctive woods. But we NEVER use endangered species.
- Process: Wood is precision cut to size and placed in custom mold. Epoxy is mixed to different colors and poured. During the first 6 hours, remove micro air bubbles that develop. After 24 hours, board is removed from mold and sits for 4 additional days to fully cure. Rushing this step and not allowing epoxy to fully cure results in a damaged, unusable board. Last steps include trimming to size and the important process of multiple sanding and polishings to make it safe to use with food and a create unique one-of-a-kind addition to your home.
- The entire process took 7 days to complete.
- 15” x 9.75 x .5/8”.
- For serving only. Knives or sharp utensils should not be used on this board.
- NOT dishwasher safe.
Only 1 left in stock